COMMITTEE, CONSTITUTION AND DATA PROTECTION
The Maldon Society Committee manages the Society, ensuring that it meets the requirements set out in our Constitution.
A copy of the Constitution can be downloaded here.
The committee meets once a month to consider issues such our talks programme, oral history work and other matters in line with our mission statement shown on our Home Page.
The members and their roles are shown below.
Minute Secretary Archive Manager
Publicity & Heritage Affairs Manager
Oral History Technical Support
We are seeking an extra committee member to join an active friendly team of 9, to help with various correspondence. (Minute taking and membership correspondence are already undertaken by other committee members). Only requirements are a love of Maldon, ability to email and create documents, and if possible attendance at 10 committee meetings a year, currently third Thursday late afternoons.
For further details please email to email@example.com and our Chairman will be happy to contact you and provide further details of possible topics you may wish to get involved with.
The Society seeks to comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and Data Protection Acts. You can download our Data Protection Policy here.
Any enquiries about data matters should be addressed to the Secretary by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The Maldon Society’s Equal Opportunities Policy
We, The Maldon Society, fully accept and welcome that society consists of many diverse groups and individuals and this diversity is an asset to the community. We recognise that we have a moral and legal responsibility to promote equal opportunities and we will pursue equality in all of our work.
We are an Equal Opportunities Organisation and committed to the development of policies to provide for equality of opportunity in all aspects of our activities. We will work to ensure that we promote awareness of the rights and needs of people from all minority groups, and wherever possible give access to our operations.
In addition, anyone connected to our organisation, including all members, any guests, or volunteers who considers that they are suffering from unequal treatment on any grounds may use this policy to bring it to The Maldon Society Committee’s attention for action.
Our Code of Conduct:
• Everyone will be treated with dignity and respect regardless of race, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or age and no one will be harassed, abused, excluded or intimidated on these grounds
• We will minimise the risk of abuse by being sensitive to cultural, gender and individual needs in all our activities.
• People’s feelings will be valued and respected. Language or humour that people find offensive will not be used, e.g. sexist or racist jokes or terminology that is deemed derogatory.
• As far as is possible we will encourage participation by everyone in all our activities, regardless of race, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or age.
• As far as is possible we will continue to provide activities that allow inclusiveness for all.
• All members, guests and volunteers will have access to this document via the Society’s website for all to view.
Download a copy of the policy here
We attach various AGM papers:
Please reply with any feedback to email@example.com