Please vote for the Maldon Society in Tesco's "Bags of Help" scheme at your local store from 1st November
The Maldon Society, which this year celebates its 60th anniversary, has applied for inclusion in the "Bags of Help" scheme, to assist in the development of its "Memories of Maldon" oral history project. Tesco, who have teamed up with Groundwork to launch its community funding scheme, which sees grants of up to £4,000, £2,000 and £1,000 – all raised from carrier bag sales in Tesco stores – being awarded to local community projects. Bags of Help offers community groups and projects across the UK a share of revenue generated from carrier bag sales in Tesco stores. The public will now vote in store during November and December on who should receive the awards.
More information can found at www.tesco.com/bagsofhelp.
The Society seeks to preserve all that is best in local architecture and ensure that any future development is in keeping with the town's ambience and overall design.The Society aims to promote and preserve the historical heritage of this town and its surrounding area by:
- encouraging civic pride in the area and promoting co-operation with other organisations
- encouraging high standards of planning and architecture by liaising with Councils on planning applications
- arranging well-advertised monthly talks of local interest, open to the public
- managing an informative website (maldonsoc.org) and producing a twice yearly Newsletter
- managing an Archive of photographs and drawings illustrating the history of the town
- developing an oral history Archive by recording memories and stories from local residents
- being involved with Heritage weekends and the installation of Blue Plaques
Details of our activities can be found the appropriate page of this site. Those who share our aims can join the Society by paying a fee of £8 per person or £14 per couple. Contact Martin Pike on 0774 379 3066 or email email@example.com for further details.